How-To Guide for Upgrading Firmware on your Phantom 2 Vision (or other Phantom models)
The following link will take you to the DJI downloads page where you can find video tutorials & operation manuals as well as the latest PC software which will automatically download & install the latest firmware onto your Vision and your TX/controller:
1) Download & Install the DJI Driver to your PC.
2) Download & Install DJI Phantom 2 Assistant to your PC.
3) Download & Install DJI RC Assistant to your PC.
4) Register on DJI's website so both Assistant programs can automatically access DJI's servers to download latest firmware.
*If you have a Mac you do not need to download the DJI Driver. Simplt download the Mac version of the Assistant software and continue to step 5.
5) Use the USB cable included and connect it to your Vision. Power-Up.
6) Launch Phantom 2 Vision Assistant.
7) Login to DJI (enables downloads).
8) Follow instructions & upgrade all firmware indicated. (You can check the different screens, but your PV should already be setup & ready-to-fly - you can always come back if you need to recalibrate or tweak anything.)
9) When complete, Power-Down Vision & disconnect USB cable.
10) If you have one of the first PV TX/controllers (ie you bought your Vision in Oct/Nov), you may need to update it by opening it to access the microUSB port located on one of the PC boards inside. As you open, slide one-half of the case out from the antenna, don't try to remove the antenna ring. Once separated the antenna & plastic ring can be removed together. If you'd rather not separate the cases & antenna, you can spread the two halves & slide the microUSB cable in between and plug it into the PC board (see photo).
Image courtesy of wiki.dji.com: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Main_Page
12) Launch RC Assistant, follow instructions & upgrade firmware. If the initial attempt seems to fail, wait 60secs, Power-Off the TX, Power-On again (there will be no Power LED) then press the Upgrade button again (irregardless whatever the screen says). It should resume upgrading and instruct you to power-cycle after which it will read the correct version.
13) Power-Off TX/Controller & disconnect USB, carefully reassemble w/4-screws.
14) Follow Quick-Start Guide instructions or full Operation Manual and enjoy your first flight!
Thank you to the contributors at phantompilots.com for this great guide. For the original step-by-step guide and more useful tips, check out the forum at phantompilots.com
- Jonathan B