Autel vs Parrot Drones
Just like fashion and music, drones are now trending devices everyone wants to use. With their many features, functions and application mode, they have made everyone to be talking about how amazing they are in carrying out several tasks. From security to agriculture, sports, construction, tourism, wildlife, media and journalism, movie production and private individuals, drone manufacturing companies are building new models with high-tech features. They are always updating drone features and discovering new uses of these robots that can meet the needs of users.
In this article, we will review two prominent players in the technology business. And guess who they are – Autel Robotics and Parrot. Autel Robotics and Parrot are two big brands that design and build aerial view devices for photography and filming. Now, let’s compare their recent products and their features.
- Model: In the market, Autel Robotics have two drone models Autel X Star and Autel X-Star Premium while Parrot drones include Parrot Bebop 2, Parrot Bebop Drone, Parrot Sky Controller and Parrot AR. Drone 2.0. Though Parrot has been in business for a while, Autel seems to be getting popular.
- Purchase Price: Autel drones are on the high side as they go for a little less than $1000 while Parrot drones are sold for less than $500. If you want a low-budget drone, Parrot is the right choice.
- Flight Time and Speed: All drones fly for a limited period. Robots that stay in the air for a long time are perceived as the best because they give you enough time to capture images. Autel drones offer you a flight time of 20-25 minutes, whereas Parrot can fly for only 8 to 22 minutes. Autel robots have higher speed rate than Parrot drones. This might be a turn-off for those who want quadcopters that offer longer flight period. But considering a drone that costs less than $500, we think the flight time is okay.
- Model Size and Weight: One of the factors to consider when getting a drone is its weight and size; portable drones are light-weighted and are easy to move. Autel drones and Parrot are both medium size drones, but the former weights less with 3.2lb while the latter weighs 14.1 oz. to 4 lb.
- Drone Dimensions: We mentioned earlier that both brands manufacture medium-sized drones. Autel drones are about 19.5 x 19.5 x 8.5 inches. On the other hand, Parrot drones range from 1.4 x 11 x 12.6 inches to 23 x 5 x 23 inches.
- Flight Automation: These are one of the features to look out for when buying a drone. Autel drones offer features and functions such as return to home, Waypoint, follow and orbit while Parrot drones offer features like Return to home and waypoint.
- Similar Features: They both have an in-built camera, on air stability and offer clear photographs in DNG and JPEG formats.
These two companies are great at what they do given the features and quality of drones that they have manufactured in recent years. It is no brainer that expensive drones tend to offer more amazing features than low-budget drones. For beginners, we advise you to start your aerial view photography hobby with a low-budget drone before upgrading to high-end drones. In any case, your preference, budget, and the features which you want in your drone will determine the type of drone that you will buy.
- Alex R