BEST DRONES FOR PROFESSIONAL VIDEO
BEST DRONES FOR PROFESSIONAL VIDEO
As a professional videographer, choosing the best drone for your video can be somehow tricky. An average video maker wants a UAV that can offer him or her a high video quality and that can be stable in flight for an affordable price. The market is well-saturated with different kinds of quality drones available at different prices. However, getting the best of professional video UAVs in the market requires some huge cash. Apart from the price, some of the important factors a videographer might consider when choosing which drone to buy include safety and regulations, video resolution, automated flight features, the camera-type, the number of rotors, and the weight of the drone.
Below are some of the best drones for professional video production in the market:
- DJI Inspire 1: With a starting price of $1,699, the Inspire 1 stands out as DJI's most advanced drone technology in the market. It includes everything a videographer needs. It is a ready-to-fly system which boasts of carbon fibre arms which are life out of sight and make video capturing an interesting art for its users. It comes with a 12mp camera that can shoot up to 4k video. The Inspire 1 has various intelligent flight modes available, such as Waypoints, Point of Interest, Home Lock, and Course Lock. These flight modes help make some of the most difficult shots available for everyone.
- DJI Phantom 4 : With its lowest price at $1,399, the Phantom 4 contains features that allow it stand out among its competitors in the market. Some of these features are as follows:
- Smart Return Home: This enables the Phantom 4 device to avoid obstacles as it returns
- ActiveTrack: It allows the drone to track moving objects automatically
- TopFly: This helps the UAV pilot to fly the Phantom 4 with a tap of the finger.
- Gimbal Stabilization Technology: This together with a hover function allows the videographer to capture smooth and clean footages while in flight.
- 12mp camera to capture 4K Ultra HD video at 30 fps.
- DJI Phantom 3 Professional : This white quadcopter is very easy to fly via a remote control and very stable in the air. It captures smooth videos even during motion with a 20mm wide-angled lens. It also contains a return-to-home function alongside automated flight modes. The Phantom 3 delivers a refined flying experience and high video quality. Some of its intelligent flight modes include Course Lock, Home Lock, Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoint. It can be gotten for as low as $889.
- 3D Solo Robotics: For as low as $569, the 3D Robotics Solo drone offers aerial tools for videographers to shoot stunning footages with GoPro camera. It has the Solo app, which alerts its users when they are within five miles of an area designed as a no-fly area by the FAA such as the airport. The built-in alert is powered by Airmap. It features four types of Smart Shots functions, which include the Selfie, the Cable Cam, the Orbit, and the Follow. These functions are repeatable and automated drone and camera moves that videographers can use to get a perfect aerial shot. The Solo drone is the only UAV in the market that allows pilots a full control of the GoPro camera while flying.
- Xiro Xplorer G : This affordable model aircraft is designed to capture solid and stable aerial video using a GoPro action camera. It works with the GoPro Hero 3 and the Hero 4 cameras. The Xiro Xplorer G has an automated takeoff and landing as well as return-to-home features. It also comes with a gimbal for video stability. It is available for as low aa $379.
- Alex R